Adventures of a LuLu

Mischief and Mayhem in East Asia

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
My Photo
Name:
Location: Seoul, South Korea

Steer away from the beaten track and leave a trail for others to follow.

12.9.05

My Last Walk in 월명 공원

Saturday afternoon I took Claire for a walk in Wolmyeong Park, so she knew where it was, and it gave me the opportunity to see it one last time. We packed a small picnic, and spent 3 hours or so walking up and down the hills. At one point we saw a small building packed with retired men playing cards and the Korean version of chess. Some of the men were very proud to pose for me as they played. I was exhausted by my walk, it is disgusting how unfit I am, but I enjoyed the fresh air and the exercise. I had absolutely no idea where I was going, I just went were my feet took me, which frustrated Claire a little. I tried to head for the war memorials, but somehow missed them completely...however Claire has a year left in Gunsan and a year of exploration and adventure ahead of her, and so she has plenty of time to discover them for herself.

There the leaves on some of the trees were starting to turn colour, an indication that I am truely leaving Korea (yet, I still cannot believe it). And so the wheel of my life turns, like the changing of the seasons. Somehow I know that 2006 will be a better, more productive year for me, no matter where I am in the world, but I have no concrete ideas, let alone plans about what I want to do with the rest of my life. I was 80% sure that I was not going to come back to Korea for another year, but now it has lessened to 50%. How can I possibly make a informed decision until I am back in my own country? I am expecting a shock when I get back, so it may be a while before I can adjust back to my own culture. I don't want to turn up to any job interviews acting like a weirdo.

I can only wait and see.

Claire at Wolmyeong Park

Claire in front of Wolmyeong Lake

Boris

Boris the spider, found in a nook in one of the viewing towers.

Wolmyeong Lake

My last view of Wolmyeong Lake. In the background the mountains stretch for miles.


Posers

Chessboard

Korean Chess, and the men posing for me. Kimcheeeeee!!!

Autumn Leaves

just 016

The leaves changing colour, marking the beginning and then end of my stay in Korea