Adventures of a LuLu

Mischief and Mayhem in East Asia

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
My Photo
Name:
Location: Seoul, South Korea

Steer away from the beaten track and leave a trail for others to follow.

2.9.05

14 Days to go...Many Sleepless Nights

Today Clare is arriving in Korea, and so I have been given the task of taking care of her...training her at work and introducing her to life in Korea. On top of this I still have to finalise travel details. I have phoned the STA travel office in Cebu 3 times, with still no email confirmation of the booking. However, from the telephone conversation this morning, it seems that my name is on their computer, which is a start. Asia being, well, Asia, I must pay and pick up my ticket at the office in Cebu. I will be able to do this once my tour in the Phillipenes has ended, as I will have around 8 days in the Phillippenes with nothing specific planned. Once I have got my plane ticket, I will probably head for Mohabol, where there is a company that organises accommodation and adventure tours.

Another aggrevation is the tours I have booked and paid for in Thailand. I have booked two: one is a tour of Bangkok, and the other is a 18 day tour of Thailand, North to South, then back to Bangkok. I have received email confirmation of the Bangkok tour, but not the following 18 day tour (which I have also paid for), despite a reminder via email. I will have to phone them again tonight. Once the 18 day tour has finished, I must pick up and pay for my ticket the next day, and then fly to London the following day. When I arrive at Heathrow airport, I then have the headache of working out how to get back home.

I am still waiting for my Solo card to arrive so that I don't have to use my credit card all the time and pay interest and surcharges. HSBC have been badly disorganised with sending out my card, and so I am considering changing banks when I get back to England.

I found a chemical that removes mildew, but unfortunately not off the walls by the washing machine. Thus my apartment is still stinks but its not nearly as bad as it was. I think there is a problem under the kitchen cabinet, but it is fixed to the floor with no gap, so I cannot deal with it. I really want Clare to have a pleasant stay in Korea, but I think I have lost the battle.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'll just bookmark this web site
http://www.kuwait.prokr.net/

9:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home