Adventures of a LuLu

Mischief and Mayhem in East Asia

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
My Photo
Name:
Location: Seoul, South Korea

Steer away from the beaten track and leave a trail for others to follow.

4.9.05

Small World

At around 10.30 Friday night there was a knock on the door of my apartment. In walks The Boss, John (i-to-i contact) with a huge rucksack, followed closely by Claire. After a few words and a brief hug with Claire, I had a quick chat with John, who was congratulating on my success in Korea. Truely, I had no idea what he was talking about. After an awkward silence he then asked me if I was coming back to Korea; I told him that I wasn't sure, but his suspicion is that I am going to come back.

When the two men left, Claire informed me immediately that she brought me a present. "What is it?" I asked jokingly. "Cadbury's Dairy Milk?" "Yes!" she replied, pulling out a sizable bar of the Nations Chocolate. The very chocolate I was thinking about sending her from England as a Christmas present. I was impressed....how did she know? I never once mentioned chocolate in my emails to her prior to her arrival.

After further conversation, she then told me that she used to work with STA travel in Manchester. She then went on to tell me that a few weeks ago she had a conversation with a customer about her coming to Korea to teach for a year. The customer mentioned that he came here in March to visit his ex-girlfriend. Claire then went on to say that she is coming to Gunsan, and that she was replacing me. All of a sudden they both realised that the ex-girlfriend and the teacher were the same person....ME! The customer was Rob!!!

Our conversation then moved to my problems with STA in Manchester, that I still have not had my full intinery through for the tour in Thailand. Claire asked me if I knew who I booked the tour with, and I provided her the name. "Oh really?' she exclaimed " I used to sit next to her at work!" I could not believe it. Is the world we live in really that small? Before Claire even arrived in Korea, she and I were unwittingly linked through two people, from one end of the world to the other. It seems that just like at the beginning of my stay in Korea, Fate wielded her creative hand once more to bring Claire and I together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home