Adventures of a LuLu

Mischief and Mayhem in East Asia

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
My Photo
Name:
Location: Seoul, South Korea

Steer away from the beaten track and leave a trail for others to follow.

23.4.05

Shopping Frenzy

Saturday I went on a huge shopping spree:

  • I ordered a replacement digital camera on the internet
  • a pair of trainers to replace my current ones that have holes in them
  • a pair of trainers to go jogging in
  • a pair of jogging pants to go jogging in
  • A white tailored jacket, a pink handbag and two tops to look good in
  • Some beauty products for dry skin from The Face Shop.
  • I will buy mp3 player at a later date...

My health is appalling. I am ashamed. As a result the aim is to go jogging round the lake 3 times a week, on top of Gomdo, work, studying Korean and social life. This week I could hardly cope at gomdo, I was an embarrassment. I am determined not to let it happen again.

Now that I have found how cheap it is to send stuff by ship, anything I can't carry with me round the rest of East Asia I can easily send home.

Yey!!!

Sunday I went for a walk round the lake...well that was the intention, but I spotted a hill in the distance that I had never seen before, so I scrabbled through the graves, thorns and bushes to get to its peak. There I saw a lone blossom tree amongst trees of another variety. This suprised me as the blossom trees are concentrated several kilometres away on the other side of the lake. I was rather annoyed that I couldnt take a photo due to lack of camera that is functional. It made think how the most beautiful things are often hidden and go unnoticed.

That afternoon I played badminton with KNC hagwon boss, and my skill at that game was much better that day due to practice. This time, I actually BEAT A KOREAN AT BADMINTON. (here's the catch: he's in his late 40's). I look forward to playing again against the American and Canadian fellas...I am confident that I will eat them for breakfast.

This week I attempted to by a replacement digital camera on the internet. To buy one here in Korea you need to be Korean citizen, so Frank ordered one for me, only to find that the one that I ordered is out of stock...yet it was still advertised on the internet. The blossoms have no mostly fallen off the trees, and I was desperate to take photos of what was remaining, so I borrowed a camera from Frank's university computer laboratory...all I need to do now is wait for Frank to download them and send them to me.

Last night Frank and I had a serious chat...about the idea of setting up an English Hagwon together. After he has finished his year in America, we will discuss it again and see how we both feel about it. If we decide to do it, it will be Winter 2006 when we set it up. Its just an idea that is bouncing around at the moment, it may never happen.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

I just finished Rob and Louise's Excellent Adventure....and it was hugely excellent! Loved the pictures and information.

And yes, I think that your writing is very easy to read, and it holds my attention.

Cheers,Mike.

1:26 am  
Blogger Louise said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:41 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lou, has the camera died?

*Throws a hissy fit then walks off in a sulk*

5:32 pm  
Blogger Louise said...

Yes, I'm holding the funeral this saturday.

8:20 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gutted...

But at least it gave you some enjoyment. I think. When it was working, I guess.

1:43 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home