Adventures of a LuLu

Mischief and Mayhem in East Asia

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
My Photo
Name:
Location: Seoul, South Korea

Steer away from the beaten track and leave a trail for others to follow.

16.4.05

Moving Home

Today, in around 2o minutes I will be shifting all of my and the Boss' belongings to a new apartment. I am nervous...I am praying that my new apartment will be clean as opposed to the state I found my current apartment in. Eeeuughh. Frank helped me pack my things, which was very kind of him.

This week I started back at Gomdo after a period of illness. I have started sequence number 6. Even though this is working towards brown belt, I am still green as I missed my last test by entertaining my guest. I have seen some of the movements...cartwheels. Even as a child I couldn't manage these. I am not confident that I can go any further. Still, it is a skill that I did not have before I arriving here in Korea...not many people in England, let alone women in England can sword fight!!!

I have also taken some more photos...the blossoms are out this week, late due to Gunsan being decidedly colder than the rest of Korea.

magnolia blossom tree

At the moment I have just one photo of the blossoms; I hope to take some more over the coming weeks.

Here are some more photos of my littlest students at Cheong T'ap:

First grade babies

These two are first grade, around 6 years old. At the moment we only have 2 first grade students, The little lad on the left wouldn't pose with a smile so in the end I gave up and just took the photo. He has no front teeth at the moment...makes it difficult to pronounce "F"!

studying hard

Studying hard...the desks and chairs are too tall for my first graders, they are so cute when they strain to read their alphabet books.

second grade

This is my only second grade class (one of the girls is absent). My hagwon has finally cottoned on to the trend of giving the students English names for English class. Named by myself, they are as follows: (boys, left to right) Harry, Teddy, Jason (Girls, left to right) Julia and Ginny. Teddy got into a big fight the day before the photo was taken, hence the big plasters all over his face.

Yesterday my two of my students gave me some paper-made gifts:

Paper presents

A pink flower at the top, 3 turtles in the middle, then two roses, and a bird at the bottom. The turtle on the right I made myself. My Korean colleagues pointed out to me that the art of paper-folding is NOT Japanese.

what's this?

이것은 무엇입니까? What's this??? It tastes like a melon...but what is it? Somebody help me out here!