Adventures of a LuLu

Mischief and Mayhem in East Asia

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
My Photo
Name:
Location: Seoul, South Korea

Steer away from the beaten track and leave a trail for others to follow.

5.4.05

비밀이에요

What is it with Koreans? Everytime they see a foreigner they have to talk about you as if you are not there, assuming that you don't understand a word they are saying.

I was sat in Ms Donuts, quietly revising some Korean when a group of Koreans around my age started asking the shop owner all about me. I turned round to face them, looked directly into their eyes and said : "hello" in Korean. They were flabbergasted. They then started to speak to me in English. "How old are you?" they asked. "비밀 이에요" (its a secret) I replied dryly, and carried on studying, while they fell about laughing. They then continued to talk about me, which I chose to ignore, but they quickly lost interest after that.

This is my rant of the day.