Adventures of a LuLu

Mischief and Mayhem in East Asia

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
My Photo
Name:
Location: Seoul, South Korea

Steer away from the beaten track and leave a trail for others to follow.

7.5.05

Lead Singer...Me?

This week (5 May) was Children's Day, and a National Holiday. The boss shocked me by providing McDonald's for all the Elementary kids the day before. I of course didn't give them anything for the normal reasons...150 kids etc.

Last night I went out again and introduced Matt and Marc to my crowd. Maria's birthday celebrations were still going on and we walked into the bar to a large crowd sat around 3 tables. The BFP made an appearance twice that evening due to another birthday celebration at a neighbouring table.

At one point I got chatting to Ed about his band, and he tried to explain the kind of music that they want to play...Blues. I told him that I don't know any blues songs, except one "God Bless the Child". He didn't know it, so I sang part of it to jog his memory. He still didn't know it, but to my astonishment he promptly asked me to be the lead singer in his band, as apparently they are looking for someone. I wasn't sure, but agreed to do it until "they find someone better" because I really am not particularly good. They have an agreement with one of the bars here in Gunsan, so if this goes ahead I will definitely be performing publicly.

Today I gave him a list of songs that I believe I might be able to pull off...Needless to say, out of the 16 I have suggested only 4 of them are even remotely blues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home