Adventures of a LuLu

Mischief and Mayhem in East Asia

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
My Photo
Name:
Location: Seoul, South Korea

Steer away from the beaten track and leave a trail for others to follow.

9.2.05

SuKi Day 2

Got out of bed 9am, was at the ski resort 10am, but did not start ski ing until 12 as we had missed the morning session. Ben missed his snowboarding lesson (due to taking 10 years in the bathroom) and so resolved to teach himself how to snowboard. After falling over several times, despite obvious improvement he gave up and switched to skis for the evening session. However, before his self-tutorial, he showed me how to ski on the snow with control. Soon I was confidently weaving in and out of people looking like a pro.

In the evening, as it is New Year the staff entertained us by making a snake formation down the most challenging course, each carrying a torch of fire both hands. When they came to a stop the fireworks started, the end of which Ben and I watched from the ski lift. Yes, thats right, Ben insisted that I try out the intermediate slope (hence the ski lift) and patiently comforted me while I had a Virtigo attack.

Once I got to the top Ben lead me down the slope, little by little. Once I got to the bottom I refused to try it again due to being scared of heights, loss of control etc. However, after some persuasion I tried it again. Ben led the way another 3 or 4 times, (without me falling over) until I was confident enough to ski fairly quickly and independently. Unfortunately on the second independent run, a woman on a snowboard and myself crashed into one another. I lay in the snow convinced that I had dislocated my knee, and for a while I couldn't move. Eventually I was able to turn myself around to inspect the damage. Just a twist/sprain/potential bruise of monster proportions. After that I concluded that it was best to stop for the night as I am having difficulty walking on my left leg.

It's a good job I have a 'dangerous sports' insurance policy.

Ben has the photos of the second day. Click on the link above (title) and scroll to the first few photos of Various Exciting Titbits, including one of my gracious self on skis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home