Adventures of a LuLu

Mischief and Mayhem in East Asia

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
My Photo
Name:
Location: Seoul, South Korea

Steer away from the beaten track and leave a trail for others to follow.

8.2.05

SuKi Day 1

Dragged self out of bed after Ben ringing me at 7.30am, due to alarm clock dying on me when I need it most, and me not being able to replace the battery at 11pm at night. The journey to Seoul was pleasant enough..I slept the entire time, of course. When I got there I met up with Ben to make our way to the Ski Resort. We got there 2.30 ish, and wandered round looking for the hostel. When we eventually found it were were redirected to the hotel for information. Upon arriving at the hotel we were informed that even to share a room would cost us W60.000 each. FAT CHANCE. We jumped in taxi which, with Jo's help took us to a Hotel/Motel in the village. It costs us W40.000 per night, ie W20,000 each.

When we made our way back to the resort (a mere W2,000 ride away from the hotel) we discovered that the next ski-ing session doesn't start until 6.30pm...the evening/night time session...Cool! Hence Ben and I have been passing the time bowling (my performance was abizmal while Ben impressed a few Korean Laydeez) and checking our emails.

Finally got on the slopes, well, the nursery slope. Despite putting into practice what I had learned from ski lessons as a child (and performing it earlier to account for the fact that snow is much quicker than dry slopes) I crashed into someone and went somersaulting over them, landing on my back and then hitting my head. The woman I crashed into was lying in my arms, shaking...but after much fuss turned out not to be injured. I tried again....this time crashing into the barrier. Due to dizziness, I stopped after that and checked my emails while Ben continued to ski.

Oh dear.

Despite the above and a rather swollen finger, I am ready to meet the challenge of tomorrow head on (so to speak).

Nursery and Intermediate slope

This a view of the Nursery slope and the intermediate slope. As you can see, the nursery slope is a doddle yet I still ended up somersaulting over some poor unsuspecting Korean woman. By the end of the second day, due to Ben's marvelous teaching skills, I was wooshing my way down the intermediate slope. If it wasn't for injuring my knee I would have had a stab at the more challenging ones.

View of the Nursery and most challenging slopes

This shows the more challenging slopes. This photograph does not properly represent how steep they were in comparision with the other two....but they were very, very steep....I was very proud when Ben made it down one of them in on piece on the second day.

ski 004


Yangji Pine Resort by night...this is a better photograph of the two most challenging slopes

restaurant/bar by night

The restaurant/Bar at the resort, lit up with decorations due to it being the Chinese New Year of the Rooster.

In the cafeteria there were a couple of signs that were badly translated...not fair to make fun, but still very funny....

funny sign 1

That's the best advice I've heard in a long while.

(Points to some free drinking water).

funny sign 2

Sir, yes Sir!
There were we contemplating running back to England/Canada with them...
Damn, foiled again!

1 Comments:

Blogger Katy said...

Haha, sounds fun. Good luck for tomorrow, or today whichever it happens to be.
Its not my birthday till June 7th so you have enough time to send as many cool pressies over :) only joking.
Happy Birthday to you though, you're an Aquarius so this means your birthday is either very soon or has gone already.....ofcourse this would be the same for any star sign :)
Whatever you do or did, enjoy :)
Kt

11:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home