Adventures of a LuLu

Mischief and Mayhem in East Asia

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
My Photo
Name:
Location: Seoul, South Korea

Steer away from the beaten track and leave a trail for others to follow.

15.1.05

Paper museum/Hanok Traditional Village, Junju

Title is a link to the Paper Museum.

For me, the most interesting aspects of the visit is the history of Hanji, and trying my hand at making some, see photos below.

'Han-ji', Korean traditional paper has been famous to the surrounding countries and was called 'Dak-Paper' (Korean) because it was made out of 'Dak' (mulberry bark). We are not sure of the exact origin date of Han-ji but from the paper excavated in Bangmatan which was produced around BC 2 century (China Moon Dynasty, 179-141 B.C.) to be the oldest existing paper, it is assumed around that time paper production technology had been introduced to Korea.

Tourists are banned from taking photos of the exhibits, so those who visit this will have to click on the link above for further information.

louise 012

This is a rather unflattering photo of me dipping the paper mould in the liquid paper. My eye lids are green because of eye-shadow, by the way.

louise 013

The finished product...don't I look proud?! Why is it that photos of me always turn out blurred? My camera hates me!!!

louise 016

This shows a couple of dolls that were in the museum shop. They are made entirely of Hanji paper.

Sometime later...Jeon-A and I went to the Hanok Traditonal village.

louise 019

Where am I? Somebody help me out here!!! I really don't know what this photo is of!!!

louise 018

Yet another glorious photo of me, feeling laid back (having trouble with rotating this photo). This time you can't even see my face. In the background is the portrait of King Taejo, who has had a brief mention in previous blogs. We are not allowed to photograph it at close range.

louise 017

This geezer is responsible changing chinese style Korean writing by producing an Alphabet, known today as Hangul.

After taking these photos my ever-faithful camera died. Jeon-A and I continued round the village. Our next stop was some shops selling traditional crafts: Pottery, silk, fans etc made out of Hanji paper. All very expensive but very beautiful. We did not stay long as we were both tired and cold, but I think I will come again, probably with Rob when he comes to visit.

When we got back to Gunsan, I set out on my mission to find a new cable for my camera to connect it to the PC, so that I can download photos, and in so doing clear my camera ready for the next batch of photos. Jeon-A had no idea where to get on from. On a hunch, I went to a 'digital' shop in Noundong, where one of the assistants told me that I can get one from upstairs in the service section, but it is closed at the weekends. Without me saying a word, he disappeared; 2 min later he came back with a cable suitable for my camera. Not only did he make the effort to do this, but he gave me the cable for free!!! So it is because of him that you can see the photos on this blog and on the previous one.


2 Comments:

Blogger oakleyses said...

north face, louboutin pas cher, true religion outlet, nike tn, nike roshe run uk, nike air max, polo lacoste, lululemon canada, nike air force, vans pas cher, nike free run, kate spade, hollister uk, michael kors, mulberry uk, michael kors pas cher, polo ralph lauren, oakley pas cher, burberry pas cher, converse pas cher, longchamp pas cher, jordan pas cher, replica handbags, coach purses, true religion outlet, guess pas cher, timberland pas cher, coach outlet, ray ban pas cher, nike blazer pas cher, true religion outlet, michael kors, michael kors outlet, nike air max uk, sac hermes, coach outlet store online, air max, sac longchamp pas cher, true religion jeans, nike free uk, hogan outlet, sac vanessa bruno, new balance, north face uk, hollister pas cher, ray ban uk, ralph lauren uk, abercrombie and fitch uk, nike roshe, nike air max uk

10:49 am  
Blogger oakleyses said...

ugg uk, barbour uk, karen millen uk, ray ban, canada goose outlet, swarovski crystal, moncler uk, supra shoes, pandora charms, vans, converse, links of london, doke gabbana, converse outlet, canada goose outlet, ugg pas cher, moncler, louis vuitton, toms shoes, canada goose, canada goose, pandora jewelry, louis vuitton, gucci, moncler, nike air max, canada goose, pandora uk, coach outlet, moncler outlet, marc jacobs, montre pas cher, ugg, juicy couture outlet, wedding dresses, replica watches, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, moncler, louis vuitton, canada goose jackets, moncler outlet, thomas sabo, barbour, canada goose uk, canada goose outlet, lancel, swarovski, moncler, louis vuitton, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, pandora jewelry, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton

10:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home