Adventures of a LuLu

Mischief and Mayhem in East Asia

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
My Photo
Name:
Location: Seoul, South Korea

Steer away from the beaten track and leave a trail for others to follow.

7.5.05

Why I love my colleague

I use playing cards as a way to encourage conversation with my 1-to-1 students. Tuesday I accidently left a playing card in one of the classrooms at hagwon. One of my students found it and gave it to my colleague.The next day my student told me that she had found my playing card. After class, I asked my colleague if she had my card. She burst out laughing.

"I put the card in the garbage" she spluttered. "I'm so sorry" she gasped.
I stared at here open-mouthed.
"Do you need it?" she asked.
"Yes." I replied. "I need all of my cards. With one missing I can't play with them".
She looked at me sheepishly.
" I could get it back for you..." she suggested. "It's a little dirty but....wait a minute...." she shot out of the office and began to rummage through the rubbish. I ran after her.
"No no! Please, its OK." I said. "It will be dirty, don't worry about it".
"Where can I buy a new pack?" I enquired.
"I don't know, maybe a stationary store?" she considered. "I don't know" was her final conclusion.

Great. So despite cards being popular in Korea, even the Koreans in their own country don't where to buy them.

I am off to stationary store to buy a new pack...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can pick up a pack in the misc. goods sections of many of the chain marts too.

Joel

9:06 pm  
Blogger Louise said...

cool...thanks joel!

9:09 pm  
Blogger Louise said...

I found a pack of cards in a small toy shop on the way to Eunpa.

yey!!!

1:05 pm  
Blogger Louise said...

oh so THAT is who you are!!!

i will take a look at your site when I have more time

take care x

9:13 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

adidas yeezy boost
prada sunglasses
adidas shoes
nike roshe run
michael kors outlet
asics sneakers
vibram fivefingers
kobe 9
links of london
golden goose sneakers

12:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home