Adventures of a LuLu

Mischief and Mayhem in East Asia

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
My Photo
Name:
Location: Seoul, South Korea

Steer away from the beaten track and leave a trail for others to follow.

19.9.05

Tribewomen and Myself


Tribewomen and Myself
Originally uploaded by LouiseL.
As we were taking photos of the terraces, these two tribe women offered to have my photograph taken with them. They were so tiny, bent double from lack of nutrition and years of hard labour, and came up to just below my shoulders. I felt silly standing between them, so I knelt down, while the other two girls stole the picture.

Believe it or not, tribes still exist in the hills on many of the Philippine islands, but tend to keep to themselves, except at popular tourist spots, where they can earn a few bob by posing for a photo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home