Adventures of a LuLu

Mischief and Mayhem in East Asia

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
My Photo
Name:
Location: Seoul, South Korea

Steer away from the beaten track and leave a trail for others to follow.

15.9.05

Closure

Last View

I am typing this at Incheon Aiport, half an hour before the gate to the Philippenes opens. When I arrived at the airport to pick up the ticket I ran into problems. I have an onward ticket to Thailand in the travel agency in Cebu (Philippenes), a paper ticket that they will not issue me unless I turn up at the office and pay for it directly. Meanwhile Philippene immigration insist on seeing an e-ticket (which the travel agency would not issue me), or a paper ticket before even allowing me into the country! In the end I had to pay pounds for an outward ticket to Hongkong, as proof of onward travel, a ticket I will never use.

From this I have realised that there may be the same problem with Thailand Immigration. Thus somehow I must solve the problem of having an actual e-ticket (which again STA travel in bangkok will not issue) or paper ticket ready to present to Thai Immigration.

I have just checked emails; my itinerary and so forth for the 18 day tour in Thailand has finally been sent to me, but I have no access to a printer!!!! I am supposed to enjoy my trip, but it is proving to be extremely stressful.

On my way to Seoul, as I stared out the window at the scenery, I saw my year in Korea flash past before my eyes. The laughter, tears, the peaceful times and the frustrations. The wonderful people I have met, both Korean and Foreign, whom I will keep in contact with and never forget.

If I come back to Korea, see you all in January!!! If I decide not to, I will save hard and try and visit. Till then, take care, and I hope you achieve your dreams in every area of life.

LU 012

Left to right: Young-mi ssi, (Princess) Diana (Long story), Jin-suk ssi, and the new teacher whose name escapes me, as she started on my last day.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sunny said...

God bless and safe travels.

8:11 am  
Blogger Louise said...

Mic,

thanks for the encouraging comment.
You are right in what you say about my experiences in Gunsan... you (and my other readers) must remember that any comments i make about korean culture, men, women, way of life etc, not just depends on my own experience and observations, but the experiences and observations of both Foreigners and KOREANS THEMSELVES living in Gunsan. However, it does seem sometimes that I pluck information out of thin air, doesn't it? Not so!!!

Anyway, I warned friends, family and ex-colleagues before I left that if i do decide to return, i will make a bee-line for Seoul!!! Afterall, there I can really concentrate on learning Korean, time and money permitting!

1:11 pm  
Blogger Max said...

Anytime you fly into a country other than your home country you will typically be asked at the check-in counter to show proof of a ticket OUT of that country. Immigration worries you'll overstay, airlines worry they'll be asked to fly you out of the country for free. You can make a reservation with some airlines, get a printed confirmation, and then cancel the ticket. Or you can do what I do, which is to use Photoshop to modify a previous web e-ticket to whatever date and locations I need. They don't actually check these things, they only look at them.

11:26 pm  
Blogger Louise said...

actually, i had printed confirmation of my ticket out, but it wasn't good enough...they insisted on seeing an actual ticket.

grrr

6:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home