Adventures of a LuLu

Mischief and Mayhem in East Asia

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
My Photo
Name:
Location: Seoul, South Korea

Steer away from the beaten track and leave a trail for others to follow.

31.12.04

Change in Schedule

So its New Year's eve, and I am spending it sat in a PC Bang typing this blog. This year I really cannot bothered; I am overcome with an explicable sense of apathy towards the new year. Probably because:

1) I'm too tired and need to rest in order to prepare for my change in schedule (see below)
2)I have too much planning to do for next week's classes
3)I am so frustrated over the lack of furniture in my apartment, that I am going to buy a rug and some cushions to put in the living room area, and move the TV there too. That way, there is somewhere fairly comfortable to sit, without the expense of buying a sofa/arm chair. After that I will probably buy a plant and name it Fred. I refuse to buy anything expensive that I cannot take with me when I leave, plus I am here to save money. Knowing the Koreans, the shops will be open to accommodate my needs.
4) I want to really get my teeth into learning Korean
5) I made my resolution when I came out here, and it still applies, so it doesn't feel that special.

Lunchtime today saw heavy snowfall until 8pm. It was not until the evening that the snow remained on the ground, leaving a thin blanket with the promise of colder, more bitter weather until March. It's been years since I have seen such snowfall.

Yesterday and the day before my two Bosses informed me of my change in schedule. During the winter months some of the students are 'on vacation'from school, and so because the hagwons are private academies and exist in order to make money, the schedule has changed to when it is more convenient for the students to attend. Plus from this week onwards I have taken on the extra responsibility of tutoring Ye-Reem (my Gomdo teacher's daughter) in exchange for free Gomdo training and free lunch and/or dinner. In addition, as of next week, for about a month or so, I will be giving the Gomdo students a half hour English lesson as a favour, as my teacher has been very good to me (especially when I was extremely ill) and I want to give something back.

Thus, as of next week my schedule will be as follows:

Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri:

8.30am get out of bed
9.50am get on the bus.
10.30 English lesson for Gomdo students
10.50 Gomdo training.
11.30 free lunch with Gomdo teacher and black belts.
12pm Chung Top Hagwon, with NO BREAKS AS PER BLOODY USUAL
6.15 Free dinner prepared by Gomdo teachers wife, and tutor Ye-reem for 20 min (the length of her attention span.

Wednesdays:

7.30 emerge from my slumber
8.30 get in a taxi
9.00-3.30pm Toe-song hagwon (with 20 min coffee break, and 30min lunch break)
4.00 Gomdo training
5.00 Free dinner prepared by Gomdo teachers wife, and tutor Ye-reem for 20 min

When I see it written down, it doesn't seem that bad, but I know the amount of running around it takes to get from one place to the next, so in reality it's quite exhausting. Nonetheless, this way I will be saving money; free training, free lunch and dinner...yey!!!

I also discovered that my 24th/25th birthday falls on a Wednesday, which is simply fantastic, as I am at the nice academy on my birthday. The Koreans count the time spent in the womb as the first year of your life, so just as I think it is bad enough being 24 ie MID TWENTIES, they go and add another year. FABULOUS.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy, did I learn something! After the five days I was using steroids.
The good news is that these simple eating rules, before starting any jergens
skin lightening lotion plan, you will be tone.
It can lead to stress, jergens skin lightening lotion such as D,
E, and beta-carotene, as well as their levels of a hormone of ghrelin.
This is especially true in women. Unfortunately, the detox portion, stay balanced, and it's calculated on your eating preferences and activity levels. Although vinegar has not been defined for its benefits in weight loss.

Here is my web blog: How to lighten Skin naturally

8:15 am  
Blogger elrahma said...


Union Shifting Corporations

Finding moving companies in Dubai is fairly easy because there are hundreds of companies to choose coming from. Pertaining to more info about for what reason you should certainly work with our  found in Sarasota, FL, call Ocean Relocation Systems today. We do a wide variety of local moves, including apartments, single-family homes, retirement areas, dorms, condominiums, and many even more! We offer professional taking, secure transportation, traditions clearance, insurance and storage space options, and we place you and your things first every step of the way. Approach heavy furniture easily. Use these basic techniques to maneuver hefty, awkward items with out endangering your back, your residence or the furniture.
شركة عزل صوت بالرياض
غرف نوم جديدة للبيع بالرياض
نقل اثاث بالرياض
شركة نقل اغراض بالرياض
شركة الرحمة افضل شركة نقل اثاث من الرياض الي دبي
شركة نقل اثاث من الرياض الي الاردن

In the last 3 decades, we all have grown up staying a moving van, and therefore include got our techniques. Ocean Relocation Systems has comprehensive experience in electronics shifting and the packing and transport of other sensitive, high-value products. The College Hunks team brings years of experience helping clients with all of the heavy-lifting and rearranging  needed for a successful relocation. Shiply fits users going goods with large item delivery businesses making equivalent journeys. So if the residence furniture move appears a little bit challenging it would be really worth employing the services of professional household furniture transport support or maybe a basic guy and van provider to assist you.تخزين اثاث بالرياض
شركة نقل اثاث خارج المملكة
شركة نقل اثاث خارج الرياض
افضل شركة لشراء اثاث مستعمل بالرياض

7:43 am  
Anonymous ايكو قلب said...

CoolScan Radiology Center's home services include a wide range of radiology procedures, such as X-rays and MRIs,

4:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home