Adventures of a LuLu

Mischief and Mayhem in East Asia

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
My Photo
Name:
Location: Seoul, South Korea

Steer away from the beaten track and leave a trail for others to follow.

12.12.04

Another week goes by

Another week has gone by, and this time I really do not have much to say. This post merely serves the purpose of confirming to those back in my native England that yes, I am still alive.

Over Thursday and Friday, my school time table changed around 8 times until the Boss was finally satisfied with what is best. He has removed one of the classes which I teach at a more sociable hour, and tagged another at the end of the day. Thus, every friday I will now be finishing classes at 9.40pm, and leaving around 10pm, allowing time to write up what I did that day. This is also annoying in as far as my bus does not arrive until 10.15, leaving me to stand in the freezing cold for at least 15 min. At least when my last class finished at 9pm I was nicely on time for the bus.
"so why don't you take a taxi instead?" I hear you cry. Because I spend to much money out here on nothing,mostly taxis, and one of the reasons I am out here is to save money.

What suprised me however, was that on Friday, the Boss insisted that the only thing I teach the Middle school students is christmas carols. So there I was, standing in front of a class of 30 14 year olds belting my little heart out, attempting to surpass the cattarh and general snottiness while teaching the rhythm and the melody of the carols I had chosen. One of the carols I taught was "Twelve Days of Christmas" complete with a mexican wave of actions to go with the words. The girls giggled and sniggered as the boys did " three french hens" and "six geese a-laying" but were not laughing quite as hard when it was their turn to do "lords a-leaping".

Saturday was spent sleeping, talking to Ben on the phone, watching some awful US dating show, then Sex in the City (cool!) then sleeping. It was the first saturday in about a month that I got to spend relaxing. Sunday was spent, well, sleeping, cleaning my apartment, and then a brief walk by Eunpa lake.

Eunpa Lake, Gunsan

Memorial, Eunpa

Not sure what this is, perhaps a memorial.

Eunpa

Platform by the lake. After taking this photo I disappeared through the trees you can see in the background, and up the hill. While I sat amongst the trees I wrote Rob's xmas present...hope he likes it.

On the way to the lake I spotted some farms, one of which had reindeer!!! I just had to take a photo, see below:

Reindeer farm, Miryong dong

Well, its time for me to go back to my apartment, attempt some cooking (pork and vegetables) and maybe if I have the mental capacity, learn some Korean.