Adventures of a LuLu

Mischief and Mayhem in East Asia

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
My Photo
Name:
Location: Seoul, South Korea

Steer away from the beaten track and leave a trail for others to follow.

19.9.05

Hanging Coffins


Hanging Coffins
Originally uploaded by LouiseL.

These are the famous hanging coffins of Sagada...except they no longer hang but are nailed to the rock. In the past the Filopinos allowed the desceased to rest in a sitting a position for a few days, before placing them in the coffin, still in the sitting position.

After this I went caving. Big cave, lots of bats, and lots of bat droppings. I had no choice but to grasp onto the soiled rocks to prevent myself from breaking my neck. At one point I was knee deep in water...at least at that point I was clean!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home