Adventures of a LuLu

Mischief and Mayhem in East Asia

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
My Photo
Name:
Location: Seoul, South Korea

Steer away from the beaten track and leave a trail for others to follow.

20.10.04

Welcome compliment

One of the Korean English teachers at the other school stated that she thinks that I am a good English teacher, which was a boost to my flagging confidence. My first positive feedback. I never get any feedback, positive or negative at the main school, so I never know how I am doing. Judging by the Boss' behaviour, if he is not roaring at you, you must be performing satisfactorily. I am yet to experience this, and there is always a first time. At least he does not make me scrub the floor and clean the toilets, unlike the other teachers. I hate seeing them do this, it makes me feel guilty, and they have refused my offers to help.

Received an email from my boss at my last work place, which was a pleasant suprise and a nice reminder that normal bosses do exist. Only 11 more months of the current boss, and I'm off-sky. Jeremy and I discussed my contract last night. There is absolutely no way I can leave without having to find a replacement ( impossible task), unless someone at home pops their clogs etc. I will have to face the next 11 months with great stoicism just to preserve my sanity (what there is of it; I am female afterall, and subject to the lunar and hormonal cycles). I have only one nerve left, and The Boss is getting on it. Oh please, great leader, lend me your smiles and graces, and I will be forever in your debt!

So I am sat in the PC Baum, surrounded by men and boys (is there a difference) playing computer games, the all-time favourite hobby here.
Me: "what did you do last weekend?" or " what do you like to do?"
Student 1: play computer games
Student 2: play computer games
student 3: play computer games.
Student 4: ...

Apparently not a preset answer; its actually the truth.
The noise of ten zillion different online computer games is grating on my nerves, but I have learned through experience to block it out for the majority of the time, so can write this an reply to me emails.
SEE? LOOK HOW MANY MISTAKES I HAVE MADE NOW, AND I DID NOT FAKE IT TO PROVE A POINT.

AAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll be more accurate to romanize "PC Baum" as "PC bang."

11:12 pm  
Blogger Louise said...

Thanks but, I am already having to wrap my head around Korean.

3:38 pm  
Blogger Sadeesh said...

Very nice blog
Thanks for sharing

Singapore Tour Packages
Malaysia Tour Packages
Thailand Tour Packages
Sri Lanka Tour Packages
Dubai Tour Packages

6:25 pm  
Blogger oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, longchamp outlet, nike outlet, oakley sunglasses, uggs outlet, ray ban sunglasses, longchamp outlet, tory burch outlet, oakley sunglasses, prada handbags, polo outlet, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, nike air max, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses wholesale, christian louboutin, burberry outlet, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin uk, michael kors outlet online, gucci handbags, burberry handbags, kate spade outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet online, ugg boots, tiffany jewelry, nike air max, louis vuitton outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, replica watches, christian louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet online, christian louboutin outlet, nike free, prada outlet, louis vuitton outlet, jordan shoes, chanel handbags, uggs outlet, uggs on sale, oakley sunglasses, replica watches, tiffany and co, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet

10:32 am  
Blogger oakleyses said...

ugg uk, barbour uk, karen millen uk, ray ban, canada goose outlet, swarovski crystal, moncler uk, supra shoes, pandora charms, vans, converse, links of london, doke gabbana, converse outlet, canada goose outlet, ugg pas cher, moncler, louis vuitton, toms shoes, canada goose, canada goose, pandora jewelry, louis vuitton, gucci, moncler, nike air max, canada goose, pandora uk, coach outlet, moncler outlet, marc jacobs, montre pas cher, ugg, juicy couture outlet, wedding dresses, replica watches, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, moncler, louis vuitton, canada goose jackets, moncler outlet, thomas sabo, barbour, canada goose uk, canada goose outlet, lancel, swarovski, moncler, louis vuitton, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, pandora jewelry, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton

10:36 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home