Adventures of a LuLu

Mischief and Mayhem in East Asia

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
My Photo
Name:
Location: Seoul, South Korea

Steer away from the beaten track and leave a trail for others to follow.

29.9.04

Such a shame

Monday, myself, Eun-Joung, Paula, Jen and James went into the hills to see a Buddhist temple. We got a coach to the next city, Jun-Ju, the biggest city in the district. From there we took a rust bucket of a local bus into the country. The ride was fast and bumpy and we could not help but make references to Speed, the driver making a good Sandra Bullock. When we got there, the temple was perfectly situated in a backdrop of rivers and forest covered hills. The view was magnificent. The temple had four gates, various prayer and meditation rooms, and a bell thing that you swing a log against to dispell the evil spirits from the world (does that include soju?!). I took a few pictures with my new digital camera:

AAAA0016.JPG

Aforementioned bell thingy.

AAAA0014.JPG

A beautiful backdrop for a temple, with the kind of woods you would like to get lost in...



The ceiling of one of the prayer rooms. All of the buildings had this style of painting on the ceiling, the colours blocked and vibrant. Can you see the dragon? Looks deceptively friendly to me...

AAAA0007.JPG

The temple had a raised garden behind this wall...ascending the stairs to the garden allowed me to take the last picture of the temple posted on this blog

AAAA0008.JPG

Statue of Buddha inside on of the prayer rooms

AAAA0005.JPG

Spotted this on the way to the temple. Not sure what it is, but it was looking kinda lonely, so I took a photo of it.



AAAA0015.JPG



Monday and tuesday was rounded off with videos and booze as usual, though I spent the whole of Tuesday asleep. Today myself, James, Paula, Jeremy, and two americans (whom I really cannot remember the names of, but are a really sweet couple) went to a pizza restaurant, where I opted for pasta, as it had vegetables in it. It has been weeks since I have included vegetables in my diet due to being ill. Afterwards James took me to a park situated by the port, which holds various sculptures, some of them quite rude. (I have a photo of James posing suggestively with one of them).

AAAA0017.JPG

Today was so hot the sweat was dripping off me, but I was grateful for the shade offered by the trees. The leaves have not yet started to turn here in Gunsan (or out by the temple); I am looking forward to when they do. On the way back James took me down the side of the hill through some rubble and dirt; I was not impressed. I swallowed my pride and allowed him to hold my hand to help me down, as my shoes were not suitable for the terrain. There was no way I was going to allow him to carry my rucksack though.

We took a taxi back into the city and I showed him were the dojan is; he will be starting Gumdo with me tomorrow. He already knows the martial art of the Japanese Samuris, so I will be extremely jealous if he progresses at a faster rate than me. We went back to his apartment where he introduced me to his rabbits (which he insists he is going to put in a stew when he leaves), and his his pellet gun. After a while I was able to work out the path of the pellet when fired, so was able to shoot with some level of accuracy.

So now I am sat here in this PC room, Chusok having drawn to a close. Tomorrow its Gumdo with James and screaming from the kids. Its such a shame that its over, but I am looking forward to starting Gumdo.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

San Diego is having a Hot Rod Halloween on Sunday, October 30. If you love 1985 gmc picture show truck then you will want to be there! All kinds of 1985 gmc picture show truck will be in attendance. For more information go to 1985 gmc picture show truck
See Ya There!!

11:08 pm  
Blogger Sadeesh said...

Very nice blog
thanks for sharing

Thailand tour packages
Malaysia Tour Packages
Singapore Tour Packages
Sri Lanka Tour Packages
Dubai Tour Packages.co.in

6:04 pm  
Blogger oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, longchamp outlet, nike outlet, oakley sunglasses, uggs outlet, ray ban sunglasses, longchamp outlet, tory burch outlet, oakley sunglasses, prada handbags, polo outlet, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, nike air max, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses wholesale, christian louboutin, burberry outlet, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin uk, michael kors outlet online, gucci handbags, burberry handbags, kate spade outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet online, ugg boots, tiffany jewelry, nike air max, louis vuitton outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, replica watches, christian louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet online, christian louboutin outlet, nike free, prada outlet, louis vuitton outlet, jordan shoes, chanel handbags, uggs outlet, uggs on sale, oakley sunglasses, replica watches, tiffany and co, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet

10:24 am  
Blogger oakleyses said...

north face, louboutin pas cher, true religion outlet, nike tn, nike roshe run uk, nike air max, polo lacoste, lululemon canada, nike air force, vans pas cher, nike free run, kate spade, hollister uk, michael kors, mulberry uk, michael kors pas cher, polo ralph lauren, oakley pas cher, burberry pas cher, converse pas cher, longchamp pas cher, jordan pas cher, replica handbags, coach purses, true religion outlet, guess pas cher, timberland pas cher, coach outlet, ray ban pas cher, nike blazer pas cher, true religion outlet, michael kors, michael kors outlet, nike air max uk, sac hermes, coach outlet store online, air max, sac longchamp pas cher, true religion jeans, nike free uk, hogan outlet, sac vanessa bruno, new balance, north face uk, hollister pas cher, ray ban uk, ralph lauren uk, abercrombie and fitch uk, nike roshe, nike air max uk

10:26 am  
Blogger oakleyses said...

ugg uk, barbour uk, karen millen uk, ray ban, canada goose outlet, swarovski crystal, moncler uk, supra shoes, pandora charms, vans, converse, links of london, doke gabbana, converse outlet, canada goose outlet, ugg pas cher, moncler, louis vuitton, toms shoes, canada goose, canada goose, pandora jewelry, louis vuitton, gucci, moncler, nike air max, canada goose, pandora uk, coach outlet, moncler outlet, marc jacobs, montre pas cher, ugg, juicy couture outlet, wedding dresses, replica watches, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, moncler, louis vuitton, canada goose jackets, moncler outlet, thomas sabo, barbour, canada goose uk, canada goose outlet, lancel, swarovski, moncler, louis vuitton, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, pandora jewelry, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton

10:29 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Having read this I believed it was rather informative
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/spraying-pesticides-anti-insects-company-in-qassim.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/pesticides-spray-anti-insect-company-riyadh.html

9:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home