Adventures of a LuLu

Mischief and Mayhem in East Asia

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
My Photo
Name:
Location: Seoul, South Korea

Steer away from the beaten track and leave a trail for others to follow.

10.9.04

Must Write Something

Every day so far I have had plenty to write about, but no time and no computer by which to do it. If I find a way of writing back dated blogs I will do so, once I have found the nearest internet cafe. Most of the shops around here sell snacks, clothes or mobile phones. Wall to wall. Andi pointed out an internet cafe to me on the first day, but feeling tired and disorientated, I have completely forgotten how to get there.

Today, I went to register at the local immigration office, accompanied by the Boss (whose friends are gangsters, apparently), who now have my passport. I am to pick it up (along with my immigration card) on Wednesday. After that I should be able to open a Korean bank account, as HSBC, your worldwide local bank, is as about as local to me as the Grand Canyon. While I stood at the counter, Andi was arguing with the Boss that no he could not take her immigration card, as she needs it to fly out of Korea. The same thing happened when Janice tried to get home, he actually took the card off her and consequentally she could fly out of the country. Andi also had to argue for this months pay, plus the rest of the refund for the flight, plus the bonus months pay as stated in the contract. What a nightmare. This is one dodgey geezer. Andi warned me about him, but I did not realise he was this bad. Hey, I can handle him. If not the sansaengnim at the local dojan has offered to sort him out. (With a sword? what a show-down).

After the visit to the immigaration office I spent 2 hours wandering around the shops near the hagwon (school) looking for the nearest cash machine. Found them actually inside the banks, but they were not machines that accepted international cards, just cards belonging to that bank. Its lucky that I thought ahead, and have enough cash and travellers cheques to last me a couple of months. Have also found a very good bookshop that sells English Language teaching materials. Unfortunately however, I could not find a bottle of bleach with which to clean the disgusting flat. Might explain a few things...

(I have only been here 5 days, but I am already sick and tired of EVERY SINGLE TAXI honking me, touting for business. Yes, westerner may equate to lost, confused and stupid, just not right now! I WILL FLAG YOU IF I NEED YOU!!!

This is my last day of observation. Next monday I will be teaching. The school is completely disorganised;in some of my classes the children are at different levels. Apparently I need to come up with a solution. Yeah right. The children are badly behaved, especially as they know that they do not need to learn anything as they will not get tested ( what is the point...?). The teachers carry wooden poles with them which are used as canes. This is perfectly legal in Korea, though I can't imagine that I will be using it, no matter how badly behaved they are.

This is the first morning (anywhere between midnight and 9am) where I have not had an upset stomach, despite using bottled mineral water. This morning I had only stomach cramps, but that was all. Progress...

My rhianitus has cleared, only to be replaced with Andi's cold...

7.40pm Just witnessed half the class being caned (because they forgot their homework, or did it so badly they may as well have not bothered), weird experience.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Just letting you know that I've seen the site and
I think its cool.

LL0202, if you see this message then you will know who I am...xxx

9:29 pm  
Blogger Sadeesh said...

Very nice blog
thanks for sharing

Thailand tour packages
Malaysia Tour Packages
Singapore Tour Packages
Sri Lanka Tour Packages
Dubai Tour Packages.co.in

6:11 pm  
Blogger oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, longchamp outlet, nike outlet, oakley sunglasses, uggs outlet, ray ban sunglasses, longchamp outlet, tory burch outlet, oakley sunglasses, prada handbags, polo outlet, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, nike air max, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses wholesale, christian louboutin, burberry outlet, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin uk, michael kors outlet online, gucci handbags, burberry handbags, kate spade outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet online, ugg boots, tiffany jewelry, nike air max, louis vuitton outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, replica watches, christian louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet online, christian louboutin outlet, nike free, prada outlet, louis vuitton outlet, jordan shoes, chanel handbags, uggs outlet, uggs on sale, oakley sunglasses, replica watches, tiffany and co, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet

10:25 am  
Blogger oakleyses said...

north face, louboutin pas cher, true religion outlet, nike tn, nike roshe run uk, nike air max, polo lacoste, lululemon canada, nike air force, vans pas cher, nike free run, kate spade, hollister uk, michael kors, mulberry uk, michael kors pas cher, polo ralph lauren, oakley pas cher, burberry pas cher, converse pas cher, longchamp pas cher, jordan pas cher, replica handbags, coach purses, true religion outlet, guess pas cher, timberland pas cher, coach outlet, ray ban pas cher, nike blazer pas cher, true religion outlet, michael kors, michael kors outlet, nike air max uk, sac hermes, coach outlet store online, air max, sac longchamp pas cher, true religion jeans, nike free uk, hogan outlet, sac vanessa bruno, new balance, north face uk, hollister pas cher, ray ban uk, ralph lauren uk, abercrombie and fitch uk, nike roshe, nike air max uk

10:27 am  
Blogger oakleyses said...

ugg uk, barbour uk, karen millen uk, ray ban, canada goose outlet, swarovski crystal, moncler uk, supra shoes, pandora charms, vans, converse, links of london, doke gabbana, converse outlet, canada goose outlet, ugg pas cher, moncler, louis vuitton, toms shoes, canada goose, canada goose, pandora jewelry, louis vuitton, gucci, moncler, nike air max, canada goose, pandora uk, coach outlet, moncler outlet, marc jacobs, montre pas cher, ugg, juicy couture outlet, wedding dresses, replica watches, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, moncler, louis vuitton, canada goose jackets, moncler outlet, thomas sabo, barbour, canada goose uk, canada goose outlet, lancel, swarovski, moncler, louis vuitton, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, pandora jewelry, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton

10:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home