Adventures of a LuLu

Mischief and Mayhem in East Asia

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
My Photo
Name:
Location: Seoul, South Korea

Steer away from the beaten track and leave a trail for others to follow.

18.8.05

Ticking Crocodile.


In Peter Pan & Wendy, Captain Hook is fearful of the ticking crocodile. The crocodile represents death; the crocodile has already enjoyed the captain's hand, and desires the rest of his meal. Any ticking sound is a sour reminder of the crocodile.

I too have a crocodile: 15th September. He's everywhere. In my phone-calls to tour operators, in my emails to the teacher who will replace me, in the boxes I have sent home, when I check my daily-planner, and in my students eyes when they ask me when I am leaving. Today I was writing something on the board, something completely unrelated to my circumstance, when suddenly someone or something nudged me and said,

"You only have 4 weeks....hurry, hurry, hurry!"
I replied "Yes, I know...please...I'm doing everything as fast as I can..." and banished the voice from the classroom.

Tick, Tick, Tick....it's in my head, it's in my heart, it's in every breath I draw. I am caught up in the whirl-pool of advancing time, fighting to control the speed of my descent into the unknown. Like a soldier going to war, I am grateful for everyday that passes, and I can only think of one thing: SURVIVAL. Ensuring that everything I can't carry is sent home, cleaning my stinky apartment everyday (and it STILL stinks), liasing with tour operators so that everything is organised (I still haven't got anything nailed down), and reminding my Boss about the extension on my visa, so it's not a Korean-style last-minute panic.

Each time I meet up with a friend I wonder if it will be the last time I see them. "I'm going to miss you..." they say, and each time the words ricochet off the shield that guards me from additional emotional anxiety. I smile weakly and say "I'll miss you too", a pathetic representation of how I am truely feeling. At that point I wish I can make promises, but I cannot. Maybe I will do another year in Korea, but then maybe I will not.

Meanwhile I worry that in my last week, I will forget to go somewhere, do something or meet someone for the last time. I feel awkward and misplaced...I fear that my departure will be equally clumsy as I stumble through my last week, tripping over problems that have been left to last minute (probably through no fault of my own). I'll just have to wait and see.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

201510.27dongdong
cheap ugg boots
ray-ban sunglasses,ray ban sunglasses,ray bans,rayban,ray ban wayfarer,raybans,ray ban glasses,ray ban aviators,ray ban clubmaster,ray ban eyeglasses,cheap ray bans,ray bans sunglasses,ray ban aviator,ray bands,fake ray bans,ray ban prescription glasses,ray ban outlet,ray ban canada,ray ban sunglasses sale,ray ban sale
hermes outlet
ray-ban sunglasses
michael kors bags
jordan shoes
Coach Diaper Bag Outlet
football jerseys cheap
Canada Goose Outlet,Canada Goose Outlet Online,Canada Goose Clearance
Michael Kors Handbags Clearance Outlet
Official Coach Online Factory Sale
Louis Vuitton Neverfull Tote Bag
New Michael Kors Handbags Outlet Online
toms outlet
Cheap Ray Ban Wayfarer
ugg outlet
hollister clothing
Outlet Michael Kors Sale Online
canada goose jackets
michael kors uk
Authentic Louis Vuitton Handbags Outlet Sale
michael kors outlet
michale kors outlet
Jordan Concords Low And High
mihchael kors bag
nike football,airmax,nike free 3.0,nike air huarache,nike womens shoes,nike free run womens
Louis Vuitton Purses For Cheap
canada goose jackets
Abercrombie and Fitch Store
Louis Vuitton Canada Official Site
Abercrombie and Fitch Women's Clothing
Montblanc Pen Refills Outlet
authentic louis vuitton handbags

7:45 pm  
Blogger chenlina said...

chenlina20160504
christian louboutin sale
michael kors handbags
michael kors outlet clearance
nike air max
hollister kids
ralph lauren polo
coach outlet
cartier watches
ralph lauren
ray ban sunglasses outlet
michael kors uk
michael kors outlet
gucci handbags
louis vuitton handbags
michael kors handbags
insanity workout
adidas originals store
nike roshe runs
hollister uk
nike factory outlet
kate spade
canada goose jackets
cheap nfl jerseys
kobe 9
rolex watches
kate spade handbags
michael kors outlet
coach factorty outlet
oakley sunglasses
running shoes
louis vuitton outlet
ray ban sunglasses
coach outlet store online
beats solo
cheap oakley sunglasses
christian louboutin outlet
nike sb shoes
ray ban sunglasses
coach factory outlet
tory burch handbags
as

10:57 am  
Anonymous Cara Mengobati Penyakit Thalasemia said...

thank you the article really helped me. I hope the articles that are made are useful for all of us.

Cara Mengobati Kaki Gajah Dengan Bahan Alami Paling Ampuh
Cara Mengobati Demam Pada Anak Yang Tak Kunjung Sembuh
Cara Mengobati Penyakit Lipoma

1:01 pm  
Anonymous Pengobatan Fistula Ani Tanpa Operasi said...

The article is very helpful, thanks for sharing information

Cara Alami Mengobati Ginjal Bocor

10:59 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...


I can only say thank you, for sharing information about health. Don't forget to visit our page. Thank you |
Cara Mengatasi Penyakit Dompo khasiar hito | Cara mengobati Kesrek febri hariadi | Khasiat Propolis Brazil sule sutisna | Obat Penumbuh Daging | paling ampuh | 7 Minuman kesehatan Alami | Andre Taulani | Thank You Somuach MUachh

3:11 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...


I can only say thank you, for sharing information about health. Don't forget to visit our page. Thank you |
Cara Mengatasi Penyakit Dompo khasiar hito | Cara mengobati Kesrek febri hariadi | Khasiat Propolis Brazil sule sutisna | Obat Penumbuh Daging | paling ampuh | 7 Minuman kesehatan Alami | Andre Taulani | Thank You Somuach MUachh

3:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home