Adventures of a LuLu

Mischief and Mayhem in East Asia

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
My Photo
Name:
Location: Seoul, South Korea

Steer away from the beaten track and leave a trail for others to follow.

21.5.05

Gomdo Show

The following are photos taken with my Gomdo Master's camera. Unfortunately they do not get any bigger than how they are seen on this website. It is taking me a while to send them from his computer to my email so I will add to these at a later date.

3 Comments:

Blogger hayanna said...

Gomdo..
I think you should pronounce it as Gum-Do..hmmm..검도...cuz Gomdo would be 곰도...

9:11 am  
Blogger Louise said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:28 pm  
Blogger Louise said...

But I also need to consider my English accent. When I say 'Gomdo', I pronounce the first o as a short o, exactly how the Koreans would pronouce it. If I saw 금I would say 'Kum', with a short 'u' which is innaccurate.

The system of turning hangul into English/Roman letters uses American pronunciation, and so makes no sense to me. So normally I write things how an English person would pronounce it, as many of my readers are from England.
xxx

2:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home