Adventures of a LuLu

Mischief and Mayhem in East Asia

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
My Photo
Name:
Location: Seoul, South Korea

Steer away from the beaten track and leave a trail for others to follow.

6.6.05

Kalbi 1


Kalbi 1
Originally uploaded by Eleruen.
This a typical set menu when eating Kalbi at an eating house. I have done this many times, but thought a photo of this is overdue. Food is placed in separate dishes that are shared between the diners, and the meat frys in the middle of the table. (Koreans share their food in this manner at home too).

In the nearest dish is green pepper, garlic and spicy red paste. Next to that is kim, seaweed that has been flattened waffer thin. I cannot see what is behind these dishes, but I think one of them contain onion.

Typically, you take a piece of fried meat, place it in the middle of a lettace leaf, add whatever you want, scrunch to a tight ball and stuff it in your mouth. As I was with a bunch of university students, we had kim instead of lettace.

1 Comments:

Blogger hayanna said...

kalbi.....*drooling*
can't find any kalbi as yummy as in Korea even ther're many korean restaurants in Malaysia..
i miss my home country food...:(

pls eat my share too..haha

9:13 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home